more (pages)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

chooses shoes(es)

The other night I was getting ready to go out. It was a bit chilly.
Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of moccasin-type of shoes? Cosy
like a slipper. Then, I look in this basket of my grandmother's old clothes
and I find this brown pair of Minnetonka moccasins. My mom thinks they
might have been hers as a kid.


I'm fascinated by avant-garde shoes, too. The shoe really is an art object.
That would be an art history class I could get into!




As always, Maira Kalman is brilliant and wonderful and tells me things


Shoes in Shoes: makes me want to get wacky. "Shoe layering is a
cross-seasonal option for style hybrids and a simple method for shoe size
reassignment. Whether it's loafers in sandals or heels in boots, we say if
the shoe in shoe fits, wear it."




I did an art piece with (almost) all my shoes. I tagged them with named
"memories."

Long story short, I could look at/talk about/drool over shoes for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment