more (pages)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

reading and eating (and too much sweeting)

I love reading New York Magazine's various blogs. Everyday I do. I don't even live in New York, but whatever!
I happened upon Grub Street's "The Grub Street Diet" (aka the New York Diet) and it is fascinating.
It reminded me of the days when I avidly journaled all the moments of my day, everyday. Yeah, there was regularly an emphasis on food. Or, at least, there was an ease in writing about food when I had no words for the everything else.
Reading about these notable people (Wyatt Cenac, Andy Cohen, Dylan Lauren...etc) is a hoot. And reading about these people's food consumption, the oddities and habits, is even more interesting. For me, at least.

I've been eating ice cream out way too often this summer. But what am I supposed to do when the only hangouts/cheap eats in town are the one coffeehouse (sorry, it's subpar), 8 fried seafood shacks (I've never craved fried clams), and 6 ice cream shops (I've tried them all, I have opinions)?


My younger brother made two loaves of challah. Oh wow they are delicious! My household ate that bread up fast! French toast, sandwiches, you name it we ate it... (Funny story: a couple years ago in a class we had an assignment for a quick t-shirt design. I made a challah themed shirt, you can buy it on Zazzle.)




(See, more New York reading material.)

I was bored one afternoon and saw an add for this chocolate shop that catered to witches and stoners. Wait, what? So I went and I understood. Weird. But I got this delicious homemade chocolate s'mores concoction. Who knows what it did to me.

Yeah, I actually eat things not made of sugar and flour too. I eat my weight in vegetables daily. (Hence my non-diabetic health.) But greens are about as prevalent in my life as water, so I often forget to capture that and show the world, "hey, look at all the broccoli I ate today!"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I like seeing what other people eat as well.

    Roasted broccoli is amazing and guiness ice cream also.

    ReplyDelete