more (pages)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

feels the sun/shops

[Free People Pierre Top; Dolce Vita Jacquie Lalo Clog]
bought at Urban Thread in Gainesville, so everything was at least half of it's original price--happy!

Pause on the bike. Sunset delight.

[Gap Pima sheer yoke striped T: ten dolla!]

[Gap Burnout tank in "jade stone"]


Seems like the heat is making my family fashion frenzied. More than once
this week I have accompanied my folks to the mall. The first two times I
browsed. I looked around, I tried things on, I negotiated in my head, I was good and didn't even open my wallet. But there were a couple things that stayed in my head as the days passed. Those shoes, that swimsuit... "oh, but I've been saving! oh, but I've bought hardly anything in the past months but groceries.."

So today it happened and I treated myself. And then my mom's enthusiasm for the soft textures of the tops at the Gap pulled me a little more. That, along with the super sale. Bargains! If you learn one thing about me today it is that I love a bargain, a sale, a deal. I'd say 85% of the shoes I own were under ten dollars. And probably that same amount of my clothing was first worn by someone else. Maybe even more...

As far as that last cluster of photos go: Wednesday Downtown Farmer's Market now has this "Pop Shop." Delicious homemade popsicles. I got the peach grapefruit and my mom got orange basil. Hers definitely won in best tasting.

Flashy Smartcar--this is the temporary trade when my mom brought in her car
to be fixed.

Hot nights and hunger = leftover salads and amazingly delicious sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment